Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Spring Cleaning



         The woman I would like to be...            The one I probably am...













Today...I cleaned...from top to bottom and everything in-between. As daunting of a task as it may be, I love it just the same. I opened my windows, changed out my scentsy to "Mums and Marigolds" rather than "Mochadoodle", and welcomed in the new freshness of life with open arms. Lil' Man and I scrubbed the baseboards with some hot water, Dawn, and baking soda...we cleaned out the front-load washer (those things are a blessing and curse; who really remembers to "keep the door open" after each wash to air out)...we ( I ) dusted the ceiling fans...every nook and cranny has been vacuumed....and all bedding has been washed, dried and back on the freshly made bed. This my friends, is me on cloud nine. Now, granted, I had to take a Zyrtec to ward off the constant sneezing and itchy eyes...but other than that, it was a GREAT day. The Williams' household is clean, fresh, and ready for the "unexpected guest pop-in" that all women worry about when trying to keep their houses clean. Or is it just me that worries about that? It is amazing how our household operates more efficiently when everything has been cleaned out and put back in it's place.




Just a thought...As I was cleaning today. I started thinking about many things...what should we plant in the garden... I wish I had a Sonic diet Dr. Pepper right now... I hope my students enjoyed the Dr. Seuss activities last week... I have got to get a 2nd grade Common Core flip-chart... I can't wait to watch my dvr'd Criminal Minds episode... When does Dancing with the Stars start... I wish I had a Sonic diet Dr. Pepper... I have to start running, my 5k is next month, eh, I can walk it... I need to plan out my menu for next week... we need to have a garage sale... seriously, I NEED a Sonic diet Dr. pepper...Lil' Man is out growing his clothes...Why don't we "spring clean" our lives like we do our homes. 


Hmm. Something finally made my random thoughts stop. We all know how good it feels when something has been cleaned and organized. I know it makes my household run a little smoother, my computer runs a LOT faster when files have been cleaned and defragmented, a phone's battery life lasts longer when programs are shut down correctly and not running in the background draining the life out of the battery.


So, I started thinking. No matter what happens throughout the week, my family is always fed, my car always has gas to get to work, my students are always being taught...there are things in life we ALWAYS do, no matter what. They sustain us, our livelihood.


Then we have things we do when we have time. Unfortunately, I find myself putting God into that category. Now don't get me wrong. I pray...when I am driving to work, as I am getting dressed, packing a lunch, you know what I mean. I try to read a verse here or there. Maybe as I am scarfing down my lunch I read a verse or two. But, really???


Okay, so bottom line. My life needs a bit of "spring cleaning". I need to reorganize what my priorities are and clean out some of the "junk" that prevents me from making time for the most important relationship I have. I was reminded of Psalms 105:3-4 "Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always." I want to be more purposeful when I seek Him. I want my relationship with Him to be one that is intimate, not just one that receives the barely there type of maintenance.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...