I was surprised that our garden was still producing anything at all...I am really surprised that it is producing so much!
Back to my dilemma. I decided I was going to throw together a chicken recipe and use the rest of the tomatoes and quite a few of the peppers. The rest of the fresh produce I will freeze.
For the chicken -
* I simply placed 4 chicken breasts in a baking dish with some salt and pepper added.
* I then threw in the cherry tomatoes (whole) and chopped banana peppers.
* I added about a 1/2 cup of chicken broth and placed in the oven (400 degrees) for 40 minutes. (covered)
* I took out the chicken and added 6 slices of provolone cheese. Then, back into the oven it went for an additional 10 minutes. (uncovered)
* After 10 minutes...done.
To go with this yummy dish, I also made a side of rice. I used a cup and a half of chicken broth and 1/2 cup of water to make my one cup of rice.
Together, chicken dish and rice....YUM.
Now...to freeze the remainder of the peppers.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad