Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chicken...It's What's For Dinner

I contemplated what I was going to do as I stared into a five gallon bucket that is almost half full of banana peppers and bell peppers with a handful of cherry tomatoes thrown in the mix. My husband used quite a few this morning with our breakfast, but we still have so much left.

I was surprised that our garden was still producing anything at all...I am really surprised that it is producing so much!

Back to my dilemma. I decided I was going to throw together a chicken recipe and use the rest of the tomatoes and quite a few of the peppers. The rest of the fresh produce I will freeze.

For the chicken -

* I simply placed 4 chicken breasts in a baking dish with some salt and pepper added.

* I then threw in the cherry tomatoes (whole) and chopped banana peppers.

* I added about a 1/2 cup of chicken broth and placed in the oven (400 degrees) for 40 minutes. (covered)




* I took out the chicken and added 6 slices of provolone cheese. Then, back into the oven it went for an additional 10 minutes. (uncovered)

* After 10 minutes...done.





To go with this yummy dish, I also made a side of rice. I used a cup and a half of chicken broth and 1/2 cup of water to make my one cup of rice.

Together, chicken dish and rice....YUM.




Now...to freeze the remainder of the peppers.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...