Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Adieu


Today I said "adieu" to a dear friend. A friend that is not gone forever, for I shall see him again in a matter of months. However, these next few months will drag by...I know each day will get easier and easier, the first few weeks being the hardest. I was well aware of his absence this morning. I felt his absence like a sting on the cheek. I tried to fight his leaving. I did all I could to pretend it didn't have to come. Alas, it came anyway. I already know tomorrow will be the hardest...because it is Monday...my first day of work without him. A name? Yes, his name is "extra hour of sleep". He is like Santa to me, for he comes but once a year, but, oh, how joyous it is when he does. I get to sleep that "extra hour"; I have that "one more hour" to get what I need done in the mornings; That "one hour" that keeps me from being too late to work.

I do love the extra daylight at the end of the day...yes, I do. It just takes time for that love to replace the love of  "one more hour". I know it seems silly, but truly it is not. All I will be thinking tomorrow when my alarm goes off at 5:15 a.m. is really it is 4:15 in the morning! The thought makes me shudder. So, as I make my nightly preparations for the coming work day, I will TRY to go to bed earlier...but my mind is usually not that cooperative. I feel that I should send my text message now for tomorrow morning..."I am running a little behind, may be a few minutes late." Would that be too obvious??? I don't do well with change...especially one this drastic. No matter how hard I prepare myself for this dreadful day, I never seem to handle it well.

I am now off to prepare myself for the coming morn...we shall see how it goes.

Until November my dear friend....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...