Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Food For Thought

I cannot believe spring break is ACTUALLY here...time is going by so fast. We kicked off our spring break with having friends over for dinner on Friday night; talk about a great time! I haven't laughed that much and that hard in a long time...it was definitely a good time. Good friends, good times, good food...perfect way to start a break.

Speaking of good food...our meal last night was from the grill...super yummy...especially the stuffed jalapeño peppers. If you are looking for a great little side, snack, appetizer, etc...keep reading.

Stuffed Jalapeños:

What you need:

* 1 pound of sausage
* 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
* 1/2 cup of feta cheese
* 1 cup of shredded cheese (optional)
*10-12 jalapeños

What to do:

Clean out peppers. I slice them in half, scoop out seeds with a spoon, and rinse them in cold water.

Cook sausage.

Add 1 package (8 oz.) of cream cheese and about 1/2 a cup of feta cheese to the sausage.

Scoop mixture onto jalapeño halves.

Sprinkle with some shredded cheese

Grill, at 350 degrees, for about 30 minutes (you can bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes)

*warning...these are ADDICTIVE





Continuing with the whole food thing...I am very excited, because today I bought the book The Hunger Games. I am very excited about starting this series...not because I know anything about it; It has received so much hype that it piqued my curiosity enough to want to read it. I am sitting down to read it tonight...with a chocolate covered frozen banana...I am a very happy person right now.


I LOVE chocolate covered frozen bananas
               

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...