Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Good Things


In my classroom, we do "good things". I try to take a few moments out of the day for my 1st graders to share something good in their lives. It is a really good way to build relationships with my students and make my classroom a place where we can share things with each other and it creates an environment for caring about others.

Here are a few of my recent good things.

Good Thing # 1 -I am going to have to take a moment to talk about my new obsession - Sunflower Market. I absolutely LOVE the deals they have. Last week, family packs of chicken breasts, $1.99 a pound!!! This week...please take notice...strawberries, 4 for $5. I personally do not eat them, but my son can eat them like they are going out of style! Tonight, I write with wrinkled fingers as I have just finished slicing 8 POUNDS of strawberries to freeze. I will not complain, I much rather slice strawberries than separate pounds and pounds of meat.


Good Thing #2 - Although I was involved in a fender bender this week... the person who hit me has insurance (yay) and everything is being taken care of.

Good Thing #3 - Lil' Man was sick for most of the week. :( Poor guy caught the stomach bug. This is not my good thing I am so thankful my mom was in town to help my sister and I out during conferences. He was able to spend time with his Abuelita as she took care of him and I was able to go to work and attend all my conferences as scheduled.

Good Thing #4 - We are almost through putting up the fence for the chicken and dog yard! Which is GREAT since that brings me closer to getting my garden going. Here is a picture of Lil' Man and I as we were about to head out into the cold, wet, muddy outdoors to begin putting up the fence. (Another good thing - Josh and Megan came over a few hours later....Josh worked outside with L; Megan and I watched Criminal Minds and a Lifetime movie)


Good Thing #5 - I FINALLY watched Cowboys and Aliens! I waited a long time to watch this. I love Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford. I hate how old Harrison looks in the movie though; I prefer to remember him as he looked in the Indiana Jones movies.
This is how I choose to remember him.

Good Thing #6 - BUNCO!!! Saturday was Bunco night, man it was great to hang out with my friends and just chat, eat and play Bunco. I missed last months Bunco night and we did not have one in December...so it had been a REALLY long time since I played.


Good Thing #7 - I made Honey Mustard Crusted Chicken tonight for dinner. I have been wanting to try this recipe for awhile. So, after helping Lance outside and helping clean out the garage...I set to work to make dinner. I made some coleslaw and corn as our side-dishes...everything was really good.


Chicken Recipe, From Weight Watchers:

Ingredients

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a shallow pan with cooking spray.
  • In a small bowl, combine honey mustard dressing, salt, pepper, dill and scallions; remove 1/3 cup and set aside.
  • Place cornflake crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken into dressing mixture and then cornflake crumbs; place in prepared pan.
  • Bake until chicken is golden and no longer pink in center, about 15 minutes.
  • Drizzle remaining dressing mixture (the 1/3 cup that was set aside) over chicken breasts and serve. Yields 1 piece of chicken and about 1 1/3 tablespoons of dressing per serving.



Tomorrow a new week begins...so I will lay in bed, watch an episode of Friends and enjoy the last few hours of my weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...