Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cheesy Cilantro Pasta...So Easy, So Good

Picture it...you wake up, get dressed, get the kids dressed, grab the lunches, your purse, oh yeah...need to grab extra wipes and diapers to keep at the sitters, get everyone in and buckled, ugh forgot to gas yesterday, speed off, drop off kids, speed off to work, park the car...half way through your HECTIC work day you remember...I forgot to set out meat for dinner!!!! 

 If this is not you, please keep that to yourself...I envy you. Now, this may not be an accurate depiction of my everyday life...but, most of the events occur (in that order) everyday. For the days that this does happen...here is a recipe that can be your saving grace. 
I discovered it one day as I was preparing an ever-so-delightful meal of spaghetti. I could not bring myself to make plain old spaghetti...my family really deserved better than that...especially since the day before was probably fast food (don't judge me).

I decided to "fancy up" my pasta dish...or maybe I just "hodge-podged" it.

Cheesy Cilantro Pasta:
1 box of mini farfalle pasta
2 bell peppers (green, yellow, red...doesn't matter) - chopped
1/3 of an onion - chopped
1/2 bunch of cilantro - chopped
1 1/4 cup velveeta cheese
1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 jar of favorite spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup of ranch (the actual dressing, not packet)
Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil and pour whole box (1 lb.) of pasta into the pot. 

Boil for 7 - 8 minutes

While pasta is cooking; in a pan sauté (with a drop or two of olive oil) - peppers, onions, and cilantro

When pasta is done, drain and put pasta back into pot

Reduce heat; stir in veggies, velveeta, tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, ranch 

Stir continuously for about 5 minutes

YOU ARE DONE

Serve with garlic bread, salad, and enjoy!

There are so many different things you can do with this dish...adding meat, making it spicy with a jalapeño sautéed in the mix, and so on. Please share your renditions of this recipe...for all the moms who are just having one of those days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...