Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Chicken & Biscuits...the easy version

Pandora is on....I am rockin' to Jason Aldean (come on, I am making Chicken and Biscuits...gotta have the country music playing) and I am ready to cook.

**Just a side note. I usually make this recipe "to taste". So please, feel free to do the same.  I have never been much of a recipe follower, usually just add and taste as I go.

Chicken and Biscuits:
What You Need:
* 5-6 chicken tenderloin
*1 Tbsp. of olive oil
* 1 tsp. of black pepper
* 1 can of chicken broth
*1 & 1/2 cans of cream of chicken
* 3/4 cup of sour cream
* Can of biscuits (I like the jumbo ones)


What To Do:
*Cook chicken, olive oil, and black pepper until done
*Add chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes
*Dice up chicken
*Add cream of chicken soup and sour cream
*Simmer and stir every 5 minutes for 15-20 minutes
*Bake biscuits according to package
* Pour chicken gravy over biscuits and enjoy




Coleslaw:
What you need:
*1/2 a head of cabbage
* a little over 1/4 cup of light mayo
*1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
*2 Tbsp. of sugar

What to do:
* Chop half a head of cabbage
* Add mayo
* Mix sugar and vinegar together; heat in microwave for 1 minute (stir every 30 seconds)
* Pour sugar/vinegar over cabbage and stir



I learned this recipe from my dad, who I believe, learned from his mom. I usually add shredded carrot, but we  are currently without carrots in the Williams' household. My family always added more vinegar. The husband is not as big on vinegar as my family...so I toned it down. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...