Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Cookies

I have been lacking with my weekly dessert posts. So today, I will post two really yummy cookie recipes.

The first recipe comes from my mom...well, I am not sure where she got the recipe. In fact, it may have been from a good friend of the family, Nancy. All I know is that I have been making these cookies for 10+ years. EASY and QUICK...and oh.so.good.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

What you will need -
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup of oil
* One box of cake mix (I used Devil's Food cake mix for these)
* Half a bag of chocolate chips

What to do -
* Preheat oven to 350
* Combine cake mix, eggs, oil in a mixing bowl (I use a mixer to make sure it is mixed well)
* Add chocolate chips
* Place by the spoonful on cookie sheet
* Bake for 8-9 minutes







The second one is from Taste of Home. I made these last week. I will say, these taste more like muffin tops than cookies. No matter the case, cookie or muffin top, still very good; I love the way banana and chocolate taste together! http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Banana-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie:

What you will need - 
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chip 

What to do -

  • In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...