Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

What's Your Song?

**My blog has been moved to chroniclesofakeeper.com**


Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created. (Revelation 4:11)

I have always loved listening to music. It has always been one of those things I felt connected with me. I love the stories in a song, the musical flow, the way some songs could just resonate within me. 

I am not just talking about serious songs. All kinds of songs - from serious, to happy, to sad...to whatever. Maybe I get it from my dad, who is also a lover of music or, maybe, it is my Latina roots that love the "feel of the rhythm". 

I remember while I was in college, I sooo loved the theme song from the Golden Girls. Because, for one, I loved watching the Golden Girls. One semester, in my junior year of college, it wasn't at all unusual for me to be 5 minutes late to one of my classes due to watching this show. Poor Dr. Devries...she was so patient with me and my tardiness. Secondly, It reminded me of my best friend. My college roommate and I became friends when I was 12 years old and we formed one of those crazy awesome lasting friendships. Every time I hear the song, I think of her. 

Of course, like anyone else, some songs just connect with me more. I still cannot explain why Boston's More Than a Feeling has always been a favorite of mine. Really, I have no explanation.

So, I am sure that no one would be surprised to know that the worship (through song) portion of a church service is one of my favorite parts of church. Naturally, we are all inclined to our own style, as am I. But, when I just focus on whom I am singing to and whom I singing about, I start to forget about my preferences and I focus on Him

One of my absolute favorite worship songs is Great I Am sung by Phillips, Craig and Dean. It is such a beautifully written and composed song. Whenever I hear it, I feel like I am standing in His presence and everything else around me is shut-out and...it is just Him.

Y'all, I can't even begin to tell you how excited my soul was yesterday when we sang this song at church. 

One of my favorite parts of the song is this line - "There is no power in hell or any who can stand before the power and the presence of the great I Am, The great I am, the great I Am." I am so thankful for the greatness and awesomeness that is my God. Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and His greatness is unsearchable. (Psalm 145:3)

Do you have a certain song that absolutely puts you into that place of worship? You know, that song that puts you in a place where it is just you and Him. What song is that?

 I hope you enjoy a special time of worship through song with Him that extends beyond your Sunday morning church service. I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being. (Psalm 104:33) Challenge yourself to take some time during the week to spend focusing on Him through song. It truly is such a sweet and special time.




                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...