Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Snow Day Ramblings

My blog has moved to chroniclesofakeeper.com

Not a whole lot to write about today. We have been enjoying our little snow day(s). Even though I complain about winter, I do love the snow. It is so beautiful...a great reminder of everything new. 





Last night, I made some yummy fresh bread and some homemade chicken vegetable soup. It was all DELICIOUS; perfect for a cold and snowy evening. At first, Lil' Man complained about having to eat soup...but in the end, my soup won him over. He asked for it again this morning. You can get the recipe for the soup here and for the bread here.

Yesterday morning, we were getting ready to go outside and take care of the animals (this time I made sure he left the house when I did...there would be no waiting around for a "no show" this time) when he told me something of major concern to him. Apparently, it had been bothering him since the day before.

Lil' Man: "Mom, I need to tell you something."

Me: "Yes."

Lil' Man: "Well, do you remember yesterday when you told me to put the clothes from the washer into the dryer? (I nod) "Well,  do you know that dad told me to pick up the mess on the living room floor too??"

Me: "Okay..."

Lil' Man: "Don't you know I can't do two things at the same time?! It is impossible!"

Me: "I'm sorry, Daddy and I didn't know you had something else you were supposed to do when we asked you to do something."

Lil' Man: "Well, you guys need to pay attention. I can only do one thing at a time."


Cinderella, anyone???

Of course, in the story of Cinderella the little animal creatures loved her. Yesterday...the rooster pecked him. He was NOT impressed.


Life is not all that bad for Lil' Man though. 

He was able to enjoy some snow time this morning after helping take care of the animals.




Trying to catch snowflakes on his tongue.

He and his friend had a blast playing outside in the snow this afternoon...





On Thursday, we got him his first Bible. He was so so very excited. 

We looked at several different Bibles and then we found this one. We were all pretty excited about it. Our church is doing The Gospel Project and this Bible features it. So awesome.

You can find out more about it here.

Here is a snippet (that I love) from the above link:

"Speaking of Jesus, Christ Connections help kids grasp how every story points to Jesus and His saving work on our behalf. Connecting the Old Testament stories to Jesus helps us see past the difficult Bible passages (like the cycles of sin and punishment at the time of judges and prophets) and focuses on Jesus, the only One who could pay the penalty for our sins once and for all."








Lil' Man was so excited. He read it all the way home...about 50 minute drive.  He was recalling so many of the stories he has learned at church and was excited to see where they were located in his Bible. 





He thought it was pretty cool to have his name engraved on his Bible. When deciding which font style to have his name in...he chose the script font over the block font..."because it is so fancy!". 



Well, that is about all I have to say for right now. It is time to curl up with a book, enjoy my favorite essential oils that are diffusing, and procrastinate coming up with something for dinner. 




Happy snow day, friends. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...