Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Smothered Mushroom Chicken

I discovered two things today. 1. I REALLY like the spinach artichoke dip that I bought at Walmart today. In fact, a little too much. I ate about 1/4 of the container today...before dinner. I quickly realized I needed to eat something that leaned more on the healthy side after that. I had planned on making chicken enchiladas with refried beans, not a BAD plan...but definitely not what I felt I should eat after the indulgence I participated in with all that spinach dip.

 This brings me to my number 2 discovery. Whilst in the kitchen, I faced the dilemma of what to make now. Since plan A was out...what was my plan B? Now, as I am debating with my inner-self...time is slipping away. So at 7:00, I grabbed a Pyrex dish, my chicken, mushrooms and some lemon pepper. Threw it all together and headed out to water my garden. I figured, "que sera sera"... I wasn't going to worry about how it turned out, after all there is always Frosted Flakes in the cabinet.

 An hour later...a pleasant aroma greets me as I enter the kitchen. I am feeling a little more optimistic at this point. I grab the dish out of the oven and I am pleasantly surprised it LOOKED good too. After adding some cheese and baking for 5 more minutes, I grabbed some rolls out of the freezer and warmed them up, made a yummy salad (with snap peas) and YES...dinner is now served. Just in case you were wondering...this dish was AWESOME!!!

So, to reiterate....1. I love spinach artichoke dip. 2. I love my new Smothered Mushroom Chicken dish. (Yeah, I know I am so original) I hope you get a chance to try this out at your home. I can see lots of variations coming from this dish...Please SHARE.

What You Need:
*4 chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
*Lemon Pepper                                                                      
*1 container of fresh mushrooms
 *Pam cooking spray
*1 cup of Colby shredded cheese

 What To Do: 
*Spray Pyrex with cooking spray
*Place chicken in dish
*Spray chicken with cooking spray
*Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning over chicken
*Dump entire package of mushrooms over chicken
*Bake in oven at 450 degrees for 1 hour
*Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over mushrooms/chicken
*Place back in oven for 5 minutes.                        
*Remove from oven...ENJOY




In case you wanted a closer look :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...