Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Preschool at Home: Things To Remember

In my family, I am the one who likes to "keep" my memories. I have the scrapbooks, I have little mementos of special things, and I love to write memories down. Ironically, I am also the one who hates keeping clutter around. There are very few things that make it on my "keep list".

When I started the school year off with my 3 1/2 year old, I decided I wanted to keep as much of what we do during our school time as possible. I also knew I did not want a bunch of papers and what-not piling up somewhere (ultimately, to be thrown away). I saw ideas on Pinterest of using a filing-cabinet-type-system, but that wasn't for me either.

During all the "back to school" sales a few months ago, I saw that the binders were on sale. I decided to try a binder approach for gathering Lil' Man's school stuff. I decided on the 2 inch binder with a clear sleeve (I wanted to be able to put a picture of him with the year and his age on the front).


Using clear sleeves, I am keep his work in a place where we can look at it anytime. I organize it by month. I put a cover sleeve for the appropriate month and then place all the work for that month behind it.



It is fun to look back at what we have done. It is also a fun way to watch how Lil' Man progressed throughout the school year.

I keep his memory verse pages...



Math stuff...


Any art he does...

and his reading/language arts work




I think I will try and keep something like this for every grade. I probably won't file away as many things, but I think it is neat to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...