Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

These 100+ degree days are awful! Really limits what Lil' Man and I can do during the day. We are limited to going outside and playing after 7:30 p.m. Needless to say, we don't go to bed early. Good thing we have swim lessons in morning.
Lil' Man's swim lessons have been fun. Not really learning how to swim, but we are having a fun time singing and swimming together, plus we get to do it with friends, another bonus. If we can master floating on our back by the last lesson I will be satisfied. It is hilarious to watch him, he insists on keeping his feet crossed and straight up in the air while on his back. Gives us all a good laugh.
As much as I deplore the heat, I do not want to wish the last few weeks of summer away. School soon begins. I love my job, I just hate feeling like a part-time mom. This year I am determined to be better with my time-management. My kids at school deserve the best I can give them. L and Lil' Man deserve all of me and not part of me. Not an easy feat, but I am not the only one who has had to do it and I won't be the last. I have already started devising strategies that I can implement in my personal and work life. I am excited about some of them. I'll post more about them as I get closer to having to use them.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...